Shop by Category
Shop by BrandShow More »
TestimonialsShow More »
I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful buying experience. I have been on ballreviews.com now for over 4-5 years and [..]Corey - Texas Read More »
Bowling Ball Surface Adjustment
Information provided by Storm Bowling Products
- Scotch Brites - Use to increase friction. This will result in an earlier and smoother breakpoint.
- Burgundy - Approximately 320-400 grit
- Green - 600 grit
- Gray - 800-1,000 grit
- Abralon Pads - Same effects as Scotch Brites. Pads are made in 180, 360, 500, 1000, 2000, 3000, and 4000 grits.
- 180 will produce the earliest hook of all pads.
- 4000 will produce the most length of all pads.
- Compound - Use to smooth the surface up to 1,500 grit. This will make the surface shinier, decreasing friction levels through the heads, resulting in a later and sharper transition at the breakpoint.
- Storm Step 1 - Smooths to 800 grit
- Storm Step 2 - Smooths to 1,500 grit
- Polish - Use to smooth the surface to grits higher than 1,500 grit. This reduces friction levels throughout the entire lane resulting in more length and less backend reaction.
- Storm Step 3 - Smooths to 2,500 grit
- Storm Xtra Shine - Smooths to 3,500 grit